Columbus, OH, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Systems Engineer - Telepresence
Do you enjoy designing and deploying enterprise class data centers? Would you like to work with a focused team of expert engineers passionate about the advanced software and hardware technologies which are changing the way we store, manage, and move data?
We’re looking for a Telepresence Systems Engineer with a strong track record of designing and deploying services efficiently and effectively. Our need for specialized skills is as critical as the need for a consultative approach in solving problems. We’ve found that the most successful working relationships are built with folks who are exceptionally professional, focused and without ego. In this role, you will be working with clients; technical specialists from NetApp, EMC and Cisco along with Netech project teams.
Netech is a successful technology solutions provider that provisions hardware, software, services and support for customers throughout the Midwest. We partner with a team of industry leaders including Cisco, EMC, NetApp and VMware. As a Cisco Gold Certified Partner with a Master UC Specialization and Cloud Builder Badge, Netech has achieved some of the highest partner certifications.
Although certifications and leading technology solutions are important, the key to our success is our constant focus on customer satisfaction. As a result of our customer focus, Netech has achieved Cisco’s Customer Satisfaction Excellence Award for several consecutive years.
- Review and validate understanding of customer design requirements
- Create High-Level Designs and Low-Level Designs for areas of expertise
- Follow Netech and Customer standards for design documentation.
- Provide peer reviews to deployment engineers to ensure design compliance
- Provide technical leadership to survey, deployment, and support engineering teams.
- Participate as part of the project leadership team.
- Review and recommend process changes
- Work with Account Executives to translate initial scope into actionable items and design documents
- Define service scope, design technical solution, plan and drive the implementation of video conferencing service using Cisco based Teleconferencing endpoints, router and switches
- Plan and coordinate the expansion of video and voice network technology
- Converge IP video and voice network, including video teleconferencing, Cisco Teleconferencing, video surveillance, digital signage and VoIP
- Manage enterprise network video-related projects and manage appropriate documentation
- Responsible for conference room design and integrating video conferencing solutions
- Troubleshoot video issues on network and report progress of various projects, installations, and issues
- Provide support to product, sales, technical teams and vendors for solution development, deployment and critical customer requirements
- Ensure design solutions with transport services, network protocols, VOIP services and other systems and infrastructure
- Minimum five years of in-depth videoconferencing network engineering with Cisco/Tandberg architecture including hands-on and senior responsibility for Codian MCUs, VCS gatekeepers, Cisco/Tandberg gateways and Tandberg Management Suite (TMS) and practical experience in security for videoconferencing devices
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure running VoIP, QoS, SIP, H323, video conferencing and video streaming
- Experience with setting up video networks that require communication through firewalls and implementing related security processes, procedures technologies and dependencies
- Solid knowledge in VoIP, Codecs, compression and video conferencing services, such as Cisco Teleconferencing, Cisco 7070 phones, Call Manager version 8.x.
- Solid knowledge in Cisco Routers, switches and IP Telephony product including Call Manager and other UC products.
- Good understanding of end to end service development from pre-concept to operational support
- Practical experience with remote monitoring tools
- Must have excellent communication skills, writing skills, and the ability to work with team members at all levels.
- Train end users and administrators on Video platform usage and administration.
- Review, audit, and approve deployments
- Ability to travel as needed
Physical Demand & Working Environment
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand for extended periods of time using handheld equipment and power tools. This position also requires the ability to spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.